I recently moved into a new house. Moving twice in one year, not so fun. Getting my very first dedicated crafting space? Extremely fun! The very first thing I did was unpack my most used, most loved craft books. I usually arrange by height, but this time I tried something new, something borrowed from one of my favorite yarn shops, Purl Soho. Even though I’m 3000 miles away, I consider it an LYS. They arrange their yarn chromatically and I really love the effect that sorting method has on my books:
I always love getting a peek at other people’s bookshelves, so I thought you might like to take a peek at mine. Some of my current and/or enduring favorites:
- Built by Wendy Coats and Jackets by Wendy Mullins
- Knitter’s Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman
- The Knitted Odd-Bod Bunch by Donna Wilson
- The Fashion File by Janie Bryant
- Second-Time Cool by Anna-Stina Linden Ivarsson et al.
- Anything by Kim Hargreaves
- The Knitter’s Handbook by Monste Stanely
- The Gentle Art of Domesticity by Jane Brocket
- Fashion Forecasting by Evelyn L. Brannon
- I Love Your Style by Amanda Brooks
- Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore
What are some of your favorites?